I've OFFICIALLY joined the blogging world!

Good Morning,

I am STOKED to say that I became computer savy overnight and decided to sit down with a good ol' cup of joe and join the blogging world. Needless to say, it has taken me a while to get this site up and running but I am ready to start adding useful information to help all of the wonderful Moms-to-be and BTDT Moms.

First off, I wanted to introduce my self and then tell you a little bit about this site. So here it goes...

I am a mother, wife, nurse, and now blogger. I have been married to my loving husband for a little over 7 months. Yes, you guessed it. The carriage came before the marriage... but we are happier then ever. Our daughter just turned two a few weeks ago and might I say we have our hands full. We also have a chocolate lab Brody that I often state I am going to post on Craigslist due to his constant digging, peeing, chewing, and what not. But, my daughter, Ava LOVES him. I work on a Postpartum/ GYN unit and also work in the nursery occasionally. I have a passion for babies, new and BTDT Moms, which is why I have decided to start blogging. Motherhood can be rewarding, exhausting, confusing, and very emotional. I am looking forward to having other Moms to speak with on this journey! My husband and I are also "trying" for our next addition as well.

This site with time will mainly be on the topic of Motherhood. Since I became a Mom two years ago, I have learned, quite a bit. There are things that I wish I would of known and wish to share with all of you. Also, I wanted to have a site where I can hear from all of you to help me along my journey as a Mom as well. I am going to feature on this site several different things mainly starting with what to expect during postpartum, during pregnancy, baby shower ideas, product reviews, breast feeding education, what to ask the pedi, etc. I am so excited to start blogging and I welcome you all! 

Oh, and one last thing. I am sure some of you are wondering, "Why did she name her site Mediocre Mom?" Well, the answer is...after I had my daughter I realized that many people out there will critique your parenting to the point that you will have to grow thick skin or else you are going to be an emotional mess. For the longest time I felt that I had to "compete" with my other friends because I felt like they were often "better" Moms then I was. I have come to realize that my daughter loves me for me. She cannot love me if I am busy listening to others and not focused on who I am, which is her Mom. So, I am OK with being mediocre, I am real, I make mistakes, and at the end of the day my daughter loves me the same. This blog will be about REAL parenting. Not always beautiful, but always worth it. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment